Position Title: Executive Assistant
To oversee administrative functions for Rolling Hills Community Church and to serve as a support for the Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor of the church. In addition, carrying out this role as a member of the RHCC staff team by which one leads, nurtures and serves the overall church body as we endeavor to fulfill the Mission statement of the church –
“Rolling Hills Community Church exists to bring glory to God by reaching people for Christ and nurturing them in the faith through inspired worship, genuine community and passionate ministry that transforms lives in our neighborhoods and throughout the world.”
Specific Job Description
- Provide administrative support to the Lead Pastor including, but not limited to, scheduling appointments and maintaining his calendar, monitoring his e-mail as needed/requested, managing Social Media sites, editing and managing blog, writing letters of reference and/or completing reference forms, and keeping filing up to date.
- Proof and prepare sermon notes for all campuses each week for Sunday sermons. In addition, assist with research as needed as well as securing teaching resources such as books and teaching props for sermons and other speaking engagements.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Pastor including, but not limited to, scheduling appointments and maintaining his calendar, monitoring his e-mail as needed/requested, writing letters of reference and/or completing reference forms, and keeping filing up to date.
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors including, but not limited to, sending a meeting reminder each month, taking minutes during the monthly meetings and sending them to the team, keeping an up-to-date member list and rotation schedule of the RH Board and the RH Finance Team, and keeping the Board of Directors Minutes Notebook up to date.
- Help schedule and coordinate occasional Lead Team meetings. Tasks include, but are not limited to, securing conference rooms, catering meals or making reservations for outside meals, providing refreshments, coordinating room set-up, creating powerpoint presentations, and printing agendas.
- Help as needed to coordinate A6 lunches, dinners, retreats and meetings and make arrangements for room set-up and food, if needed. Proof, prepare and send monthly A6 email at the beginning of each month.
- Provide administrative support for the Men’s Leadership Network. Tasks include, but are not limited to, creating invitation email templates to secure speakers, gathering all assets needed from each speaker for promotional use, confirming dates, and managing/updating the website as needed.
- Provide administrative support to RH Women as needed. Tasks include, but are not limited to, creating handouts for and helping with coordination of events.
- Manage any and all matters as they pertain to Immeasurably More and Immeasurably More Life, Inc. Tasks include, but are not limited to, maintaining the website, scheduling and managing all social media, managing the online store (including shipping of products), updating and promoting the blog, assisting with any future book publications (e.g. editing), and coordinating events/conferences, including the annual Immeasurably More conference.
- Coordinate Conferences attended by the Lead Team as needed. Tasks include, but are not limited to, booking travel, lodging and conference packages.
- Coordinate details for the RHCC Israel Biblical Studies Tour every three years. Tasks include, but are not limited to, working with the Lead Pastor and the tour company/guide to promote the trip, coordinate meetings, and gather all traveler information and payments while creating and following a designated planning schedule and payment plan.
- Book any and all requested/approved flights through the RHCC Southwest Airlines account or other airlines as needed.
- Serve as the first back-up to the RHCC receptionist answering phones and the front door.
- Manage the RHCC Food Team. Tasks include, but are not limited to, creating and communicating “Meal Trains” and food needs, coordinating food drop-off as needed, updating and maintaining the RHCC Food Team list and reaching out to those indicating interest in joining the food team.
- Proof and edit the RHCC quarterly newsletter and other publications/e-mails as requested by staff members.
- Each May, prepare proposed budget recommendations for Prayer & Pastoral Ministry and Administrative Costs and submit to the Lead Pastor of Business Operations for inclusion in the overall church budget.
- Other duties as assigned
- The RHCC Executive Assistant is expected to live an exemplary life modeling the call, character, and competencies of a follower of Jesus Christ.
- The RHCC Executive Assistant is expected to be a servant leader to the church body.
- The RHCC Executive Assistant is expected to nurture the Body in the Faith.
- The RHCC Executive Assistant is expected to grow personally in their own leadership and competencies.
- The RHCC Executive Assistant is expected to be involved in the overall life of the church body by actively participating in a Small Group and all other church-wide events and functions.
- The RHCC Executive Assistant is expected to be an excited and contributing member of the RHCC staff team.
- Work with the Lead Pastor and the staff of the church to ensure integrity and excellence in all administrative endeavors.
- Performance review every six months with the Lead Pastor based on work as related to this job description as well as overall effectiveness in ministry. Salary review will be given once a year.
- Education – College-level undergraduate degree
- Experience – Minimum of five years in church-related ministry or the equivalent business experience in other comparable venues
- Spiritual – Must be a professing Christian with a true calling and passion for ministry and a member of Rolling Hills Community Church
This is a full-time position with benefits in line with the overall church budget. This includes health insurance, vacation time, sick time, raises and all other items specific to employee benefits.